St Catherine of Siena Church History
"the little church with a big heart"
In 1852 the Council of Baltimore decided that Vermont merited its own diocese, serving 25,000 Catholics and 11 Parishes at the time. St Catherine of Siena Parish was established in 1895 and the first Mass was celebrated on December 19 of that year by Fr Campeau. The Parish was originally dedicated to St Catherine of Alexandria, a fourth century martyr of the church. In 1982 the parish was re-dedicated to St Catherine of Siena, who continues as our patron.